19th Sep, 2019
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY)-
- funding the unfunded i.e extending collateral free loans
- by Banks, Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) and Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs)
- to small/micro business enterprises in the non-agricultural sector to individuals
- Enable them to setup or expand their business activities, promoting self employment.
- Provides at least one hundred days of guaranteed wage employment in every financial year
- to every household whose adult members volunteers to do unskilled manual work.
- The demand for MNREGA work is influenced by factors like rain-fall pattern, availability of alternative and remunerative employment opportunities outside MGNREGA and prevailing unskilled wage rates.
3. Deendayal Antyodya Yojna
- A flagship programme of the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD)
- to alleviate rural poverty through inclusion of one woman member from each rural household to participate in SHGs.
4. Deen dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushal Yojna (DU-GKY)
- a scheme to drive national agenda for inclusive growth,
- by developing skills and productive capacity of the rural youth from poor families.
- There are several challenges preventing India’s rural poor from competing in the modern market, such as the lack of formal education and marketable skills. DU-GKY bridges this gap by funding training projects as per global standards.
5. Self Help Groups under DAY-NRLM
- TO will operate road transport service in backward areas.
- This will help to provide safe, affordable and community monitored rural transport services to connect remote villages with key services and amenities (such as access to markets, education and health) for the overall economic development of backward rural areas.