What's New :
First Zika virus reported in UP
- Zika virus is a mosquito-borne Flavivirus that was first identified in Uganda in 1947 in monkeys.
- It was later identified in humans in 1952 in Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania.
- The first recorded outbreak of Zika virus disease was reported from the Island of Yap (Federated States of Micronesia) in 2007.
- In March 2015; Brazil reported a large outbreak of rash illness, soon identified as Zika virus infection, and in July 2015, found to be associated with Guillain-Barré syndrome.
What is Zika Virus disease? Discuss the steps taken by the Government to check the spread of Zika virus disease in India. (150 Words)
- Introduce by defining Zika Virus
- Enumerate how Zika affects humans
- Enumerate the steps taken by the Government to control the spread of the virus
Verifying, please be patient.