ICMR to get royalty from Covaxin sale
GS-III:Science and Technology
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, Robotics, Nano-technology, Bio-technology and issues relating to Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property governing the use of Covaxin, jointly developed by Bharat Biotech and the Indian Council of Medical Research, was “shared” and the ICMR would now receive royalty payments.
Consider the following statements about Indian Council for Medical Research:
- Clinical Trial Registry- India is managed through ICMR’s National Institute of Medical Statistics
- It organized first nationwide National Sample Survey for Tuberculosis in 1955
- Indian Research Fund Association was established by Harcourt Butler which later got renamed to ICMR after independence.
- Isolation of SARS-CoV2 strain by ICMR’s National Institute of Virology lead to development of Covaxin
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
“The collapse of public health infrastructure during COVID present a strong case of PPP model in health services”. Comment