What's New :
PM to inaugurate World's first Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant in Gujarat
PM will inaugurate World's first Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant constructed at Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Ltd (IFFCO) at Kalol.
- Nano Urea (Liquid) is a source of nitrogen which is a major essential nutrient required for the proper growth and development of a plant.
- This fertiliser is applied on leaves as against in soil in the case of conventional Urea.
- Nano urea is an indigenous product developed through proprietary technology at the Nano Biotechnology Research Center (NBRC) of IFFCO, located in Kalol, Gujarat.
World’s first Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant:
- The Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant has been built at the cost of around 175 crore rupees.
- It will further provide farmers the means to boost productivity and help increase their income.
- The ultramodern Nano Fertilizer Plant has been established keeping in mind the increase in crop yield through the use of Nano Urea.
- The Plant will produce about 1.5 lakh bottles of 500 ml per day.
Benefits of Nano urea:
- IFFCO claims that nano urea is a sustainable solution for nutrition of crops.
- It will encourage balanced soil nutrition by cutting off the excessive use of traditional urea and making plants healthier, stronger, and safeguarding them from the effect of lodging.
- Nano urea is a great alternative to traditional urea.
- It can cut down urea requirement by a whopping 50%.
- A 500 ml bottle of nano urea features 40,000 ppm (parts per million) of Nitrogen.
- This is equivalent to the nitrogen provided by one whole bag of traditional urea.
- This new urea comes packed in bottle.
- This will cut down logistics and warehousing cost
- Nano urea promises to decrease pollution of soil, water, and air, at the same time, address the issue of global warming.
- The efficacy test conducted by IFFCO revealed an average 8% increase in yield of crops.
Verifying, please be patient.