Aerial Seeding Campaign
Science & Technology
14th Oct, 2021
Recently, “Hara Bhara”, India’s first aerial seeding campaign in Telangana using the Seedcopter drone was launched.
Key- Points of Hara Bhara Campaign
- This Hara Bhara campaign is started to accelerate the mission of reforestation by planting one billion trees using drones by 2030.
- Drones are used to disperse seed balls over thin, barren, and empty forest lands to turn them into lush green abodes of trees in this project.
- The ‘seedcopter’ which is a drone developed by Marut Drones is an aerial seeding solution for rapid and scalable reforestation.
What is Aerial Seeding technique?
- Aerial seeding refers to a technique of plantation wherein seed balls are sprayed on the ground.
- Seed balls are seeds covered with a mixture of clay, compost, char and other components.
- Under this aerial devices are used, including planes, helicopters or drones.