‘Business Reform Action Plan’
Polity & Governance
15th Sep, 2020
The Government announced the 4th edition of Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) ranking of states.
- Ranking of States based on the implementation of Business Reform Action Plan started in the year 2015.
- Till date, State Rankings have been released for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017-18.
- Area of focus: Some of the key areas that the State Business Reform Action Plan 2019 focuses on are-
- access to information and technology
- the setting up of a single window system
- construction permit enablers
- land administration
- These rankings represent the ease of doing business in the state with increased transparency, efficiency and effectiveness of the government regulatory functions vis-a-vis the business enterprises.
- Ease of Doing Business (EODB) is a joint initiative by the Department for Promotion of Industries and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and the World Bank to improve the overall business environment in the States.
Key-takeaways from the findings:
- Andhra Pradesh has bagged the first rank among all the states in the country.
- While Uttar Pradesh stood in the second position, Telangana bagged the third spot in the overall ranking of the state business process reforms undertaken during 2019.
- The top ten states under State Reform Action Plan 2019 are:
- Andhra Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- West Bengal