New portal under Bhuvan “Yuktdhara” launched
Science & Technology
1st Sep, 2021
Recently, the Ministry of Rural development has launched a new geospatial planning portal, ‘Yuktdhara’ to help in facilitating the new MGNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) assets with the use of remote sensing and GIS (Geographic Information System) based information.
About the Yuktdhara
- Developed by: Jointly developed by ISRO and the Ministry of Rural Development
- Yuktdhara will serve as a repository of assets (Geotags) created under various national rural development programmes such as
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA)
- Integrated Watershed Management Programme
- Per Drop More Crop
- RashtriyaKrishiVikasYojana etc.
- The new portal under Bhuvan 'Yuktdhara' will facilitate planning of new MGNREGA assets using remote sensing and GIS (geographic information system)-based information.
- Yuktdhara portal would ensure-
- The quality of the plan
- Enable a long term monitoring of the assets created over the years for relevance
- Facilitate identification of new works for resource allocation
- Previously launched, ISRO'sGeoportalBhuvan is presently a de-facto geospatial platform for several developmental planning activities across India.
- Bhuvan, is the national Geo-portal developed and hosted by ISRO comprising Geo Spatial Data, Services and Tools for Analysis. It has many versatile features
- Visualization of Satellite Imagery and Maps
- Free Data Download
- Download Reports to name a few
- A citizen-centric mobile application JANMANREGA has helped the rural population by providing feedback using Bhuvan services.