Pilikula biological park
16th Jul, 2022
Mangalore's Pilikula Biological Park got temporarily closed because of flooding and rain damage to some enclosures.
- Pilikula the name derived from the local tulu language ‘Pili’ means Tiger and ‘Kula’ means pond.
- Pilikula is an integrated theme park with a wide variety of features; Pilikula has many attractions of cultural and scientific interest.
- Pilikula extends over an area of 375 acres along the banks of Gurupura River.
- Pilikula presently includes a Biological Park, Botanical and Medicinal Gardens, Regional Science Centre, Lake Garden and Boating, Heritage and Artisan Village, Jungle Lodges, Golf Course, Amusement and Water Park.
- Pilikula probably the first project of its kind in India, it is inspired by the concept of providing a wholesome experience of the native natural and cultural heritage of the region along with all modern recreational facilities.
- The park has well equipped veterinary hospital complex with quarantine, post treatment ward and post-mortem block, X-ray and ultrasound scanning facilities.
- Central Zoo Authority has funded the construction of hospital complex.
- Pilikula Biological Park is aesthetically one of the best designed premises in the country meeting all modern international standards of Zoo management.
- The park serves as a good educational center for students of all ages in enriching their knowledge on conservation of wildlife.