States/UTs roll out Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0
1st Mar, 2021
Various States and UTs have started implementation of the Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0.
What is Intensified Indradhanush Mission?
- Intensified Indradhanush Mission (IMI) was launched in 2017, “to reach each and every child up to two years of age and all those pregnant women who have been left uncovered under the routine immunisation programme.”
- The program was to further intensify the existing Mission Indradhanush, which the government launched in December 2014.
- The government launched the second version of the mission IMI 2.0 from December 2019-March 2020, “to achieve targets of full immunization coverage in 272 districts in 27 States and at block level (652 blocks) in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar among hard-to-reach and tribal populations.”
What areas are to be focused in IMI 3.0?
- The campaign is aimed to reach those children and pregnant women who have been missed out or been left out of the Routine Immunisation Programme.
- This is aimed to accelerate the full immunization of children and pregnant women through a mission mode intervention.
- In IMI 3.0, the government has placed a strong emphasis on Covid-19 appropriate behaviour because of the pandemic.
- States have been asked to follow "Staggered Approach" to avoid crowding at the session sites and even plan break-up sessions if a staggered approach is not effective to avoid crowding.
- The sessions are also planned in such a way that not more than 10 beneficiaries are present at the session site at one given point in time.