With Dishaank app, land survey records at click of a button
Polity & Governance
22nd Mar, 2022
One of the most significant initiatives that appear to be doing wonders in this area is digitising state land records including the old land records of Karnataka.
- Bhoomi is one such initiative taken by the Department of Survey and land records Karnataka that helped make the Karnataka revenue Land Records online to ease access to the common public.
About Dishank App:
- Dishaank, the mobile application is developed for Survey Settlement and Land Records (SSLR) department for the use of general public and departmental users of Karnataka.
- The application is developed under Karnataka GIS (K-GIS) Program.
- K-GIS is being implemented by Karnataka State Remote Sensing Applications Center (KSRSAC).
- The objective of this app is to enable the citizens to avail the information about the land and its ownership as recorded in Bhoomi database.
- This is expected to bring in transparency and enable citizens to identify the actual owner, location of land and the extent as available in RTC in their fingertips thereby reducing the land related disputes.
- In the initial part of the project, KSRSAC digitized 30,854 village maps for Karnataka.
- The agency subsequently geo-referenced all village maps and “created a seamless mosaic on the Cartosat (2.5 m spatial resolution) satellite image and subsequently spatially geo-referenced 50 cm satellite data”.
- The geo-referenced village map data was linked to the land records by SSLR so that citizens do not have to approach the revenue department to know the land details.