What's New :
Temple Japa mandapam
A Temple has inaugurated by the junior pontiff named as Japa mandapam of Lord Sri Darbheswara Swamy in Vijaywada.
- The presiding deity idol was found in dharbha (Halfa grass) in Kasi.
- Hence, the deity is called as Dharbeswara swamy.
- Proposed to organize Maha kumbhabhishekam (Khumbh mela) in temple once in 12 years.
- The temple was developed with ?78 lakh released by the Endowments Department.
- The temple is located on Saikam street in Kothapeta.
What is Japa Mandapam?
- Japa is the meditative repetition of a mantra or a divine name.
- It is a practice found in Hinduism Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism with parallels found inother religions.
- Japa Mandapam is a place to meditate in the temple.
Verifying, please be patient.