What's New :
World Water Day
World Water Day is celebrated on 22 March every year since 1993.
About World Water Day:
- World Water Day celebrates water and raises awareness of the 2.2 billion people living without access to safe water.
- A core focus of World Water Day is to support the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 6: water and sanitation for all by 2030.
- The idea for this international day goes back to 1992, the year in which the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development in Rio de Janeiro took place.
- That same year, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution by which March 22 of each year was declared World Day for Water, to be observed starting in 1993.
- The theme of World Water Day 2022: “Groundwater, making the invisible visible”.
Verifying, please be patient.