ADP to be extended to block, city level: PM
The PM has hoped to extend the Aspirational District Programme (ADP) to block and city levels.
About Aspirational Districts Programme (ADP)
- The Programme was launched in January 2018.
- Objectives: The ‘Transformation of Aspirational Districts’ initiative aims to remove heterogeneity through a mass movement to quickly and effectively transform these districts.
- The broad contours of the program are Convergence (of Central & State Schemes), Collaboration (of Central, State level ‘Prabhari’ Officers & District Collectors), and Competition among districts driven by a spirit of mass Movement.
- With States as the main drivers, this program will focus on the strength of each district, identify low-hanging fruits for immediate improvement, measure progress, and rank districts.
- The three core principles of the programme are:
- Convergence of Central & State Schemes, which brings together the horizontal and vertical tiers of the government.
- Collaboration among citizens and functionaries of Central & State Governments, including district teams. This will enable impactful partnerships between government, market, and civil society.
- Competition among districts driven by a spirit of the mass movement.