Bhubaneswar Land Use Intelligence System - BLUIS
Science & Technology
16th Jul, 2020
Odisha becomes the first state in India to use Space Technology and Artificial Intelligence for safeguarding government lands.
- Odisha becomes the first state in India to use Space Technology and Artificial Intelligence for safeguarding government lands.
More on the News
- The objective behind this launch was the lack of adequate transparency and accountability in the current manual mode of mechanism which was being used for decades for the detection of encroachments in government land.
- BLUIS is a geo-tagged repository of all the government lands in Bhubaneswar, created through high-resolution satellite imagery to detect all changes taking place on government lands.
- A mobile application would alert the enforcement authorities of any new construction on government lands.
- The GPS on the application guides the enforcement staff to the exact location. Evidence of enforcement is uploaded on the application as geo-tagged images and videos.
The Litigation Management System
- It is an online application to record information of legal cases and enables end-to-end communication between government officials and advocates during different stages of a case, was also launched.
- It provides a smart technology solution to monitor court cases from initiation, online appointment scheduling, and allotment of the case to government advocate for preparation and submission of counter-affidavit.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- AI refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions. The term may also be applied to any machine that exhibits traits associated with a human mind such as learning and problem-solving.
- The ideal characteristic of artificial intelligence is its ability to rationalize and take actions that have the best chance of achieving a specific goal.