14th Oct, 2021
Recently, 5th edition of the bilateral maritime exercise JIMEX, between Japan and India, was conducted in the Arabian Sea from 6 – 8 October 2021.
- The exercise included ships and aircraft of Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) and Indian Navy.
- Both countries performed operations focused on air, surface, and sub-surface dimensions of maritime operations, and air domain.
- The units have used Indian Army and P8I aircraft (IN) aircraft that provide maritime support for both navies.
- They did the replenishment of the Sea. Exercise involves more intensive exercise and the release of guns in addition to the target that can be used.
- There was also Anti-submarine and anti-aircraft firing exercises as a part of air domain operations.