Government launches E-AMRIT Portal
Polity & Governance
16th Nov, 2021
Recently, India launched an electric vehicle awareness web portal called e-Amrit.
What is the e-AMRIT Portal?
- It is a ‘one-stop site’ containing all the information regarding adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) in
- e-AMRIT portal stands for “Accelerated E-Mobility Transformation for Indian Transportation”.
- Developed by: This web portal was developed by NITI Aayog in association with the UK government as part of the India-UK Joint Roadmap 2030.
- Purpose: To create awareness regarding electric mobility in India.
- An EV is a shortened acronym for an electric vehicle.
- EVs are vehicles that are either partially or fully powered on electric power.
- Electric vehicles have low running costs as they have less moving parts for maintaining and also very environmentally friendly as they use little or no fossil fuels (petrol or diesel).
Features of the e-AMRIT portal
- Feasibility research on switching to EV
- Knowledge repository on EV
- Tools to calculate EV experience
- Information about EV businesses
Important schemes for creating an ecosystem for adoption of EVs
- In the recent past, India has taken many initiatives to accelerate the decarbonisation of transport and the adoption of electric mobility in the country.
- Some of the important schemes are:
- Faster Adoption of Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles (FAME) Scheme
- Production Linked Incentive Scheme