Weekly Current Affairs: April week-2 - ICMR creates new strategy for Covid-19 testing in India
15th Apr, 2020
ICMR creates new strategy for Covid-19 testing in India
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has devised a new strategy for Covid-19 testing in India and in hotspots or cluster and in large migration gatherings or evacuees centres.
- The new strategy for Covid-19 testing in India include all symptomatic individuals who have undertaken international travel in the last 14 days and all symptomatic contacts of laboratory confirmed cases.
- It also include all symptomatic health care workers and all patients with severe acute respiratory illness like fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day five and day 14 of coming in his or her contact.
- In hotspots or cluster defined by Health and Family Welfare Ministry and in large migration gatherings or evacuees centres, all symptomatic having fever, cough, sore throat and runny nose will real-time polymerase chain reaction, rRT-PCR within seven days of illness.
- After seven days of illness antibody test will be done if rRT-PCR confirms it negative.