What's New :
Joint IAF - RAF EX Indradhanush - V 2020
4th Mar, 2020
The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force (RAF) of the UKjointly commenced the fifth edition of Ex Indradhanush at Air Force Station Hindan on February 24.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force (RAF) of the UKjointly commenced the fifth edition of Ex Indradhanush at Air Force Station Hindan on February 24.
- The focus of this edition of the exercise is ‘Base Defence and Force Protection’. This theme is of significance considering the recent threats to military establishments from terror elements.
- Ex Indradhanush provides a platform for the IAF and RAF to share and jointly validate strategiesand tactics to counter terror threats to their installations.
- The RAF team comprises of 36 specialised combatants of the RAF Regiment while the IAF will comprise of 42 combatants of the GARUD Force.
- Both teams will execute missions based on jointly worked out plans and scenarios.Special missions will encompass airfield seizure, base defence and anti-terror operationsin urban built up zones.
- These exercises would include para drops from C-130J aircraft, tactical insertions by Mi-17 V5 helicopters and use of various airborne sensors.
- The exercise would formaly conclude on 29 Feb 2020.
Verifying, please be patient.