Single Window System for Investors
28th Sep, 2021
In a bid to improve Ease of Doing Business (EoDB), the Commerce and Industry Ministry launched the National Single Window System (NSWS).
What is NSWS?
- The single window portal is going to be a one-stop-shop for investors for approvals and clearances.
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) along with Invest India initiated the process of developing the portal as a National Single Window System (NSWS).
- DPIIT comes under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India and acts as the first point of reference for investors in India.
- The NSWS would "usher in Azadi" from legacy of running to government offices, from paperwork, duplication and information asymmetry
- The National Single Window System is envisioned to address
- information asymmetry
- duplication of information submitted across platforms and authorities
- in-efficient tracking of approvals and registration faced by
- Launch of the National Single Window System is a giant leap towards making India Atma Nirbhar [self-reliance].
Significance of the portal
- The portal would bring transparency, accountability and responsiveness in the ecosystem.
- All information will be available on a single dashboard bring ease in the progress.
- An applicant dashboard would be there on the portal to apply, track and respond to queries.
- The portal will provide investors services such as know-your-approval (KYA), common registration, state registration, document repository, and e-communication.