What's New :
1st Oct, 2019
- The Soay sheep is a breed of domestic sheep from Scotland.
- It has descended from a population of feral sheep on the 250 acre island of Soay in the St. Kilda Archipelago.
- Name of these animals is derived from the island of Soay. The island of Soay is about 65 kilometers from the Western Isles of Scotland.
- The breed is one of the Northern European short-tailed sheep breeds.
- It has been called the only living example of the small, primitive sheep which inhabited the British Isles before the coming of the Norsemen and the Romans.
Verifying, please be patient.