What's New :
The new 6-Lane tunnel at Khambatki Ghat
The new 6-Lane tunnel at Khambatki Ghat on Pune-Satara highways (NH-4) is a twin tunnel with 3 lanes each & currently under construction is expected to be completed by 2023.
Khambattaki Ghat Project:
- The Khambattaki Ghat project is a new initiative towards saving time and money while accelerating highway development.
- Two new three-lane twin tunnels have been constructed on this ghat route to reduce the length of the Pune-Satara route and save fuel.
- The new six-lane tunnel at Khambatki Ghat on Pune-Satara Highway (NH-4) is a twin tunnel with three lanes each.
- The construction work of this tunnel is in the final stage.
- The total capital cost for the 6.43 km long project is approximately Rs 926 Crore
- The development of this corridor has been considered important from the point of view of increased mobility level of the people.
- This twin tunnel will facilitate traffic on Mumbai-Bengaluru National Highway and reduce traffic for Pune, Satara, Solapur.
- Fuel will be saved and pollution will be reduced.
Verifying, please be patient.