What's New :
World Autism Awareness Day observes to create awareness, encourage people to support those people
The World Autism Awareness Day is observed across the world on April 2.
About World Autism Awareness Day:
- The UN General Assembly had declared April 2 as World Autism Awareness Day.
- The objective of the day is to create awareness about Autism and also to encourage people to support those who are suffering from this disorder.
- The theme of 2022 is - "Inclusive Quality Education for All" which marks the global inequalities in education and society, faced by people with autism.
What is Autism?
- Autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder is a lifelong developmental disability that manifests itself during the first three years of life.
- It results from a neurological disorder that affects the functioning of the brain, mostly affecting children and adults in many countries irrespective of gender, race or socio-economic status.
- It is characterized by impairments in social interaction, problems with verbal and non-verbal communication and restricted, repetitive behaviour, interests and activities.
- Though there is no cure for it, therapeutic and behavioural guidance can considerably improve quality of life.
Verifying, please be patient.