Amritpal Kaur, IAS Rank 44: Ethics, Essay and Optional are Game Changer, IAS Toppers Strategy
25th Apr, 2019
SRUSHTI JAYANT DESHMUKH, AIR 5 UPSC CSE 2018
UPSC ALL INDIA WOMEN TOPPER
“ANSWER WRITING SPEAKS EVERYTHING OF MY PREPARATION”
What’s my motivation behind becoming a Civil Servant?
- My motivation came through the preparation itself. I felt how to use my learning capacities for the betterment of the unfortunate ones in the society. It pushed my through the entire process.
- Also, the beauty of this exam is that it helps you evolve you as a better person who is more sensitive, more responsible and who looks forwards to do something good for the society.
How did I organize my studies?
- First step is the UPSC Syllabus. Syllabus is the guiding light and it was always there on my study table to push my preparation in the right direction.
- Also Previous Year Questions are very helpful. Many times Themes of Questions get repeated in Optional Subject Papers. So, I made notes on those topics.
How did I make study notes?
- I divided the syllabus into Topics and organized it into different folders. It helped in REVISION. Specifically, it helps a lot in OPTIONAL Subject.
How important is Answer Writing?
- Answer Writing is very important because it helps in getting better marks in MAINS and a good Rank in the final list. I made a habit of practicing one question every day.
- I learnt the Art of Answer Writing by understanding the demand of questions. It will give you edge in marks.
- I regularly collected FACTS from News Paper and revised them.
- I referred Government reports like NITI AAYOG three year Action Agenda, Eco Survey, International Indexes and used them in writing Answers.
- I have also included Flow CHARTs and Maps of INDIA in Answers.
- To view my answer copies please click on the https://iasscore.in/toppers-copy
What was my approach for GS Paper 2 and GS Paper 3?
- I did Current Affairs based study for GS Paper 2 and Paper 3 and
- For Paper 1 – I referred only standard books.
Why TEST SERIES is important for Prelims as well as Mains?
- It helped in judging my level of preparation.
- I revised the paper after attempting the Tests(Prelims as well as Mains)
- I regularly analyzedmy nature of Mistakes:
- Silly Mistakes
- Knowledge Gap
- Further I used to revise and reattempt the tests to correct my mistakes.
GS SCORE extend heartiest congratulations to Srushti on her great achievement and are gratified to have been a part of her journey to success.