TRUPTI ANKUSH, AIR 16 UPSC CSE 2018
“TRUE INSPIRATION! A WORKING WOMAN AND MARRIED FOR 8 YEARS”
What’s my motivation behind becoming a Civil Servant?
- I started to prepare for State PSC exam while I was working in Private Sector. I felt that I was not doing justice to my capabilities while in job. So decided to prepare for public services exam.
- Once I got selected in State PSC, I thought of aiming for UPSC Civil Services exam.
- In my CSE 2016 attempt I reached interview stage but couldn’t qualify. While appearing for 2017 Prelims exam I was not feeling up and lost the battle again. I felt very low and drop the idea of preparing. But my family supported at that crucial stage and I prepared my mind again to attempt CSE 2018.
How do I perceive Civil Services Exam, is it tough?
When I look back to my journey of preparation, I realize that it’s a game of Psychology. When I was feeling positive and good, I performed well. So be positive, be determined and you will surely clear the exam.
How did I manage time?
I was married, employed and financially independent. But time scarcity was my only concern. So I had to use my time efficiently and wisely with the support of my family.
How did I make use of News Papers?
- During preparation I relied much on newspapers which gave me extra edge in Mains exam. I got 460 marks in GS.
- My suggestion would be that “Keep your eyes open and be aware of your surroundings.”
- Lakhs of students are attempting the exam so aspirants need to be competitive and think differently to get selected.
How did I improve my Answer Writing ?
- I used current affairs in GS PAPER 2 and GS PAPER 3 answers.
- I used my professional and personal experiences in Ethics and Essay Answers.
- To view my answer copies please click on the https://iasscore.in/toppers-copy
Why TEST SERIES is important for Mains?
- I joined ETHICS and ESSAY test series in GS SCORE
- My focus was to solve all the questions in the Mains Exam.
- I always attempted tests keeping time limits in mind. It increased my speed and performance.
My strategy for Interview
After writing Mains, I was confident to get interview call. I worked thoroughly on my Detailed Application Form (DAF).
My important suggestion to all the Aspirants
- Leave your attitude of finding excuses.
- Be Confident !
- Be Patient !
- Identify your Strengths and Fight accordingly!
GS SCORE extends heartiest congratulations to Trupti on her great achievement and are gratified to have been a part of her journey to success.