UPSC IAS Mains 2022 General Studies (Paper – 1)
17th Sep, 2022
Here we are providing Question Discussion (video) and Hints (PDF) for the UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 1 Examination, 2022 that can be utilized by the aspirants and appeared candidates for various purposes.
Candidates of the UPSC Mains 2022 can use these hints and discussion to get an outline of the required answers and compare it with what they have written during the examination. Other aspirants of the Union Public Service Commission examination can use this as a learning aid for practice and analysis of this year’s papers.
Discussion will provide an approach to the answer and detailed analysis of the questions along with the theme and trend of the paper. We hope this contributes to your understanding and preparation of Union Public Service Commission Mains examination.
- How will you explain that medieval Indian temple sculptures represent the social life of those days? (Answer in 150 words)
- Why did the armies of the British East India Company – mostly comprising of Indian soldiers – win consistently against the more numerous and better equipped armies of the then Indian rulers? Give reasons. (Answer in 150 words)
- Why was there a sudden spurt in famines in colonial India since the mid-eighteenth century? Give reasons. (Answer in 150 words)
- Describe the characteristics and types of primary rocks.
- Discuss the meaning of colour-coded weather warnings for cyclone prone areas given by India Meteorological Department. (Answer in 150 words)
- Discuss the natural resource potentials of ‘Deccan Trap’. (Answer in 150 words)
- Examine the potential of wind energy in India and explain the reasons for their limited spatial spread. (Answer in 150 words)
- Explore and evaluate the impact of ‘Work From Home’ on family relationships. (Answer in 150 words)
- How is the growth of Tier 2 cities related to the rise of a new middle class with an emphasis on the culture of consumption? (Answer in 150 words)
- Given the diversities among tribal communities in India, in which specific contexts should they be considered as a single category? (Answer in 150 words)
- The political and administrative reorganisation of states and territories has been a continuous ongoing process since the mid-nineteenth century. Discuss with examples. (Answer in 250 words)
- Discuss the main contributions of Gupta period and Chola period to Indian heritage and culture. (Answer in 250 words)
- Discuss the significance of the lion and bull figures in Indian mythology, art and architecture. (Answer in 250 words)
- What are the forces that influence ocean currents? Describe their role in fishing industry of the world. (Answer in 250 words)
- Describing the distribution of rubber producing countries, indicate the major environmental issues faced by them. (Answer in 250 words)
- Mention the significance of straits and isthmus in international trade. (Answer in 250 words)
- Troposphere is a very significant atmospheric layer that determines weather processes. How? (Answer in 250 words)
- Analyse the salience of ‘sect’ in Indian society vis-à-vis caste, region and religion. (Answer in 250 words)
- Are tolerance assimilation and pluralism the key elements in the making of an Indian form of secularism? Justify your answer. (Answer in 250 words)
- Elucidate the relationship between globalization and new technology in a world of scarce resources, with special reference to India. (Answer in 250 words)