What's New :
Indian Army Chief Manoj Pande conferred honorary rank of Nepal Army General
- Recently, Indian Army Chief General Manoj Pande was conferred the title of Honorary General of the Nepali Army by the Nepal President.
- The tradition started in 1950. India also confers the honorary rank of "General of Indian Army" to the Nepal Army Chief.
- Commander-in-Chief General KM Cariappa was the first Indian Army chief to be decorated with the title in 1950.
- In November last year, the Chief of the Nepali Army, General Prabhu Ram Sharma was also made the Honorary General of the Indian Army by President Ram Nath Kovind at a ceremony in New Delhi.
India Nepal Relation:
- The country shares a border of over 1,850 km with five Indian states - Sikkim, West Bengal, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand.
- Land-locked Nepal relies heavily on India for the transportation of goods and services.
- Nepal is important for India in the context of its overall strategic interests in the region.
- The leaders of the two countries have often noted the age-old "Roti Beti" relationship.
Verifying, please be patient.