Market Intelligence and Early Warning System (MIEWS) Portal
4th Mar, 2020
Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, launched the– Market Intelligence and Early Warning System (MIEWS) Web Portal. The portal can be accessed at http://miews.nafed-india.com.
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, launched the– Market Intelligence and Early Warning System (MIEWS) Web Portal. The portal can be accessed at http://miews.nafed-india.com.
- The MIEWS Dashboard and Portal is a ‘first-of-its-kind’ platform for ‘real time monitoring’ of prices of tomato, onion and potato (TOP) and for simultaneously generating alerts for intervention under the terms of the Operation Greens(OG) scheme.
- The portal would disseminate all relevant information related to TOP crops such as Prices and Arrivals, Area, Yield and Production, Imports and Exports, Crop Calendars, Crop Agronomy, etc in an easy to use visual format.
- As per the terms of the OG Scheme, during a glut situation, evacuation of surplus production from producing areas to consumption centres will be undertaken as determined by the following:
- When the prices fall below preceding 3 years’ average market price at the time of harvest;
- When the prices fall more than 50% compared to last year’s market price at the time of harvest;
- When the prices fall less than the benchmark, if any, fixed by the State / Central Government for a specified period.
- For decision makers, the MIEWS system will help in
- monitoring of supply situation for timely market intervention,
- assist in rapid response in times of glut to move produce from glut regions to deficit/consuming regions and
- providing inputs for export/import decision making.
- The salient features of the MIEWS portal include:
- A dashboard that would indicate low price and high price alerts as well as price forecasts for 3 month forward
- Prices and arrivals of TOP crops across the country including interactive charts and comparisons with previous seasons
- Area, Yield and Production of TOP crops
- Crop Agronomy and Trade Profile of each of the TOP crops
- Regular and special reports on the market situation of the TOP crops.