What's New :
NASA shares picture of Martian sunrise clicked by InSight rover
Science & Technology
25th Apr, 2022
NASA has recently shared an interesting image of a Martian sunrise captured on the planet by the space agency’s InSight rover.
About InSight rover:
- InSight (Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport), is a Mars lander which is the first robotic explorer to study the crust, mantle and core of Mars.
- The InSight rover has two primary science objectives:
- to understand the formation and evolution of the terrestrial planet by investigating the interior structure and processes of Mars and
- to determine the present level of tectonic activity and meteorite impact rate on the planet
- Apart from helping learn how Mars was formed, understanding its patterns will also help prepare for human exploration of the planet.
- It uses its instruments to dig deep beneath the surface of the red planet and seek the ‘fingerprints’ of the process that formed the planet.
- To do this, it measures the planet’s “vital signs”: seismology, heat flow and precision tracking.
Verifying, please be patient.