National Digital Literacy Mission Programme is a dynamic and integrated platform of digital literacy awareness, education and capacity programmes that will help rural communities to take lead in the global digital economy and help them in maintaining the competitiveness and also shape a technologically empowered society. NDLM is an effort to complement the objectives of National Optic Fibre Netowrk (NOFN) plan to transform one from each household as digitally literate.
The vision of Digital Literacy Mission (DLM) is to create multi-stakeholder, consortium and work with government and their various schemes and agendas to showcase in some of those panchayats constituencies that how making them digitally literate can change the scenario of governance, empowerment, social inclusion, educational approach and employment.
• To empower rural communities with capacity building & training programmes and make them digitally literate.
• To facilitate deployment of rural citizen services through digital means.
• To create a digital data house at every rural community level to make them economically viable.
• To generate social, cultural and economic advantages for rural communities with two information and content gateway.
The various stakeholders for the Mission are:
• Government of India, working to extend the vision of a digital India by promoting e-governance and transform India into a connected knowledge economy.
• Corporate partners, who through their sustained efforts with NDLM have been harnessing collective energies to bring down the divisive digital wall.
• Implementation partners, who are empowering communities with capacity building and training programs through digital means.
1. Bharat Broadband Network Limited was set up by the government of India for the establishment, management and operation of National Optical Fibre Network. It is a form of:
a) Special Purpose Vehicle registered under Companies Act
b) Autonomous organization under IT Department
c) Attach Office under Department of Science
Exp: A special purpose vehicle Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL) was created as a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Companies Act of 1956 for the execution of the project.