1. History of the origin and development of Nepali as one of the new Indo-Aryan Languages
2. Fundamentals of Nepali Grammar and phonology:
(i) Nominal forms and categories :- Gender, Number, Case, Adjectives, Pronouns, Avyayas
(ii) Verbal forms and categories- Tense, Aspects, Voice, Roots and Fixes
(iii) Nepali Swara and Vyanjana;
3. Major Dialects of Nepali
4. Standardisation and Modernisation of Nepali with special reference to language movements (viz. Halanta Bahiskar, Jharrovad etc.)
5. Teaching of Nepali language in India-Its history and development with special reference to its socio-cultural aspects.
1. History of Nepali literature with special reference to its development in India.
2. Fundamental concepts and theories of literature : Kavya/Sahitya, Kavya Prayojan, Literary genres, Shabda Shakti, Rasa, Alankara, Tragedy, Comedy, Aesthetics, Stylistics.
3. Major literary trends and movements- Swachchhandatavad, Yatharthavad, Astitwavad, Ayamik Movement, Contemporary Nepali writings, Postmodernism.
4. Nepali folklores (the following folk-form only)- Sawai, Jhyaurey, Selo, Sangini, Lahari.
This paper will require first hand reading of the texts prescribed below and questions will be designed to test the candidate's critical acumen.
|1.||Santa Jnandil Das||Udaya Lahari|
Tarun Tapasi (Vishrams III, V, VI, XII, XV, XVIII only)
|3.||Agam Singh Giri||Jaleko Pratibimba : Royeko Pratidhwani (The following poems only-rasawako Chichy-ahat-sanga Byunjheko Ek Raat, Chhorolai, Jaleko Pratibimba : Royeko Prati-dhwani, Hamro Akashmani Pani Hunchha Ujyalo, Tihar).|
|4.||Haribhakta Katuwal||Yo Zindagi Khai Ke Zindagi : (The following poems only - Jeevan : Ek Dristi, Yo Zindagi Khai Ke Zindagi, Akashka tara Ke Tara, Hamilai Nirdho Nasamjha, Khai Many-ata Yahan Atmahutiko Balidan Ko).|
|6.||Manbahadur Mukhia||Andhyaroma Banchneharu (The following One-Act plays only-Andhyaroma Banchneharu,'Suskera').|
|2.||Lilbahadur Chhetri||Brahmaputrako Chheuchhau|
|3.||Rupnarayan Sinha||Katha Navaratna (The following stories only-Biteka Kura, Jimmewari Kasko, Dhanamatiko Cinema-Swapna, Vidhwasta Jeevan).|
|4.||Indrabahadur Rai||Vipana Katipaya (The following stories only-Raatbhari Huri Chalyo, Jayamaya Aphumatra Lekha-pani Aipugi, Bhagi, Ghosh Babu, Chhutyaiyo).|
|5.||Sanu Lama||Katha Sampad (The following stories only-Swasni Manchhey, Khani Tarma Ekdin, Phurbale Gaun Chhadyo, Asinapo Manchhey).|
|6.||Laxmi Prasad Devkota||Laxmi Nibandha Sangraha (The following essays only-Sri Ganeshaya Namah, Nepali Sahityako Itihasma Sarvashrestha Purus, Kalpana, Kala Ra Jeevan, Gadha Buddhiman Ki Guru?)|
|7.||Ramkrishna Sharma||Das Gorkha (The following essays only-Kavi, Samaj Ra Sahitya, Sahityama Sapekshata, Sahityik Ruchiko Praudhata, Nepali Sahityako Pragati)|
Verifying, please be patient.