Data Story : India Is Aiming To Be Energy Independent By 2047
On the country's 75th Independence Day, a new goal to transform India into an ‘energy-independent’ nation by 2047 was announced. The National Hydrogen Mission was announced, setting an aim to make India energy independent in the next 25 years. Railways aims to be a net-zero carbon emitter by 2030 in which the International solar alliance will play a main role in it.
Target of India:
- To achieve 450 GW renewable energy by 2030.
- To make India a green hydrogen hub, and this will also lead to a clean energy transition.
- To make India energy independent before 100 years of independence is completed
- To make Indian Railways attain target of net-zero emissions by the year 2030
- Announcement of the National Hydrogen Mission, in line with the Government’s push to meet its climate targets.
- Implementing schemes such as 20 percent Ethanol blending and providing an impetus to electric mobility.
- Circular economy was being emphasized by the government to achieve its environmental goals.
- For India to progress, for Atmanirbhar Bharat, energy independence is necessary. India has to take a pledge that it will be energy independent by the year we celebrate the 100th year of Independence.
- India needs to diversify its energy dependency, as per reports, India’s dependence on energy imports is expected to exceed 53% by 2030.