Strategy for MAINS Examination
Strategy for Mains
1st Jan, 2019
Civil Services Exam is a prestigious examination conducted by UPSC . In this competitive atmosphere when there is no dearth of information CIVIL SERVICES EXAM requires a holistic preparation. This preparation requires well carved out strategy with special emphasis on time management. Within a certain time frame candidates are required to cover each and every aspect of the syllabus which is required for the examination. UPSC CIVIL SERVICES EXAM is like a marathon that needs stamina and perseverance to stand out the competition.
For detailed syllabus visit this link (Hyperlink)
- Civil Services Mains Exam is entirely different from the IAS PRELIMS EXAMINATION. Nature of CIVIL SERVICES MAINS EXAM is of subjective type . This paper demands a wider scope for analysis rather than mugging up the facts.To qualify mains exam student need to have a holistic approach covering all possible dimensions of the given syllabus.
- Questions in Civil Services Mains Exam also comprises of two parts i.e Static and Dynamic. Questions that cover the dynamic part are mainly coming from current affairs section. One need to go through the previous year question papers to fully understand the nature of exam.
- It is advisable to start preparation of Mains exam directly after prelims at the earliest whether you are sure or not sure about your prelims.
- There should be a proper time table for coverage of all dimensions of syllabus. One should adhere to well-planned strategy to cover all GS papers and your optional paper. GS Scoreweekly plan will help you to cover the current affairs section comprehensively.
- Civil Services Mains exam requires speed and depth of analysis. Hence without proper practice, one would not be able to finish off as many questions. Practice will help to deliver with accuracy. Hence try to maximize practice before going to the examination hall. Daily answer writing would help to ace this.
- The dimensional analysis will require taking up a problem and then explain the various cause and effect relationship of the problem with various dimensions as political, economic, ethical, social, etc. Firstly prepare all subjects individually and then after an optimum point of time try to inculcate all subject knowledge in your answer writing.
- Note making is a crucial part of the Civil Services mains Exam. Note making is recommended not only for Optional but also for GS. This will help you to cover many aspects at the last time of your examination. Just try to prepare for the notes and reducing them with time. This will help you with the revision at the last moment.
- Test series will able to help you in creating an examination hall-like situation in which you will be performing. The assessment of the question papers should be given due emphasis. Also multiple revisions of the notes and the questions are good for securing good marks.
- At the end of the day it is your in-depth analysis which would help you to fetch good marks in the exam. Try to analyze current affairs from multiple dimensions.
- AS all the papers having equal weightage, hence it is recommended that focus is kept on all the GS paper, Essay as well as Optional. Thorough preparation and daily practice plan with weekly revisions would help you to secure good marks in the UPSC MAINS EXAMINATION.
The above strategy would help you to develop confidence which is a must and one should have enough to get good marks in the examination. But at the same time there is no short cut to success one needs hard work, determination, dedication, focus, passion and compassion to ace this Marathon Examination.
TEAM GSSCORE would help you to deliver means, online or offline, which are required to clear the examination and remove your doubts without going to too many troubles and risks regarding material and the strategy. Thus for detailed subject-wise strategy visit this link (Hyperlink)
“Confidence is the key, Believe in GSScore and yourself”